Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Dispatch - 7 August

While blogs have traditionally been about immediacy, I have generally been about deliberation and taking my time. Things happen, I process them and come to a conclusion.

Some things have happened over the past couple of days. The Nikkei went slightly haywire at the end of last week, sending a shudder through all the global markets. Apparently, this may have been caused by a hedge fund trade using borrowed yen to buy US securities. Leave it to the quants to blow things up.

This turn of events caused me to make sure my exit strategies were in order on Monday morning. Fidelity's stop limit trades are not great, but I got through it only slightly scathed. The markets bounced back yesterday and continue today:


Lesson learned. Still not sure about the longer term. The Fed will tell the tale next month.

I also started doing some volunteer work for the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley - BGC-LNV in parlance - serving on a technology subcomittee. Looking forward to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What I Read and Watched: January

The following lists everything I read or watched last month, without comment or prejudice (save for some quick reads on the ALL CAPS: MOVIE ...